Job Title: Cleaning Associates/Laundry Workers – Part time
Department: Environmental Services
Reports To: Environmental Services Manager
Responsible for the cleaning and laundry duties/ services of the Environmental Services Department. Individual must be highly motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean all assigned areas in a sanitary manner.
- Operate various types of cleaning equipment, both mechanical and electrical.
- Perform special cleaning, furniture moving or meeting set up projects as required at all Membertou Band & Commercial Buildings.
- Use chemicals and supplies according to department standards to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Respond to requests that require immediate housekeeping and/or laundry attention.
- Keep all doorways clean of any debris, snow and/or salt during shift.
- Pick up all supplies as required for use in buildings.
- Clean work area and equipment.
- Operate various types of washers, dryers, irons, and pressers.
- Sort, wash, dry, fold and press all laundry.
- Deliver linen as requested by Membertou Trade and Convention Centre.
- Check for laundry request forms.
- Comply with Band Personnel Policy.
- Other departmental related duties as required by the Manager.
- Maintain positive relationships with Membertou’s Internal and External Customers, ensuring transactions or information received on behalf of the Band and/or its members are kept confidential.
- Maintain and improve Membertou’s Quality Management System as it relates to job related duties and/or department.
- Previous experience is not required but would be an asset;
- Must be reliable and willing to work shift work as required on days, evenings and weekends;
- Valid Driver’s license would also be an asset;
- Willing and able to follow instruction/direction;
- Some Heavy lifting required;
- Preference given to Aboriginal peoples in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Applications/Resumes can be submitted to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Troy Paul
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S 2M9
Or via email to: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday November 23rd, 2018 by 4:00PM. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.