Job Title: Continuing Care Assistant (12 Month term until March 31st, 2019)
Reports to: Home and Community Care Coordinator / Director of Health
The CCA is an integrated part of the Home Care Team and works under the supervision of the Home and Community Care Coordinator. The objective of this position is to provide home management and assistance to clients; based on their client assessment. The goal is to promote the client's ability to live independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the Home and Community Care Coordinator.
- Supports/Assists clients with activities of daily living.
- General household cleaning to maintain a safe and sanitary home environment.
- Meal preparation if required.
- Assist clients with feeding if required; as indicated in care plan.
- Works within program guidelines, demonstrates an understanding and
application of program guidelines, procedures and practices.
- Maintains client confidentiality- ensuring that the client's information is kept confidential.
- Complies with Band Personnel Policy.
- Maintain positive relationships with Membertou’s Internal and External Customers, ensuring transactions or information received on behalf of the Band and/or its members are kept confidential.
- Maintain and improve Membertou’s Quality Management System as it relates to job related duties and/or department.
- Other department related duties as required by the Coordinator and/or Director.
- CCA certification (required);
- Experience working with the elderly population and home care;
- Knowledge and experience of Mi'kmaq culture and language would be asset;
- First Aid and CPR (current);
- Recent criminal record and vulnerable persons check;
- Valid drivers' license and access to a vehicle;
- Preference given to Aboriginal peoples in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Resumes and Cover letters can be submitted to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Troy Paul
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S2M9
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 at 4:00 PM **Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.