Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (One Year Term)
Reports to: Home and Community Care Coordinator / Director of Health
A Licensed Practical Nurse administers direct nursing care within the scope of practice as legislated under the LPN Act and under the supervision of a duly qualified medical practitioner or a registered nurse.
Roles and Functions:
- Act under guidance of Home and Community Care Coordinator;
- Receives assignments from the Home and Community Care Coordinator with appropriate data in relation to authorized nursing care, demonstrating an understanding of the assignment and seeks additional data if necessary from the Home and Community Care Coordinator;
- Completes required charting of client care and nursing procedures performed;
- Teach individuals, families, groups and communities about caring, health, healing, healthy living, preventative measures and recovery of independence;
- Function in accordance with the LPN Act, Code of Ethics, Regulations and Standards of Practice established by the Practical Nurses Licensing Board of Nova Scotia in collaboration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia;
- Complies with the LPN Code of Ethics, the LPN Act and Regulations defined by Provincial Legislation;
- Assists with flu immunization when required;
- To provide foot care to home care clients;
- To provide wound care as per physician’s order and follow NS wound care protocol;
- To perform other relevant duties as required and deemed necessary by the Home and Community Care Coordinator. Works within program guidelines, demonstrates an understanding and application of program guidelines, procedures and practices;
- Maintains client confidentiality- ensuring that the client's information is kept confidential.
- Complies with Band Personnel Policy.
- Maintain positive relationships with Membertou’s Internal and External Customers, ensuring transactions or information received on behalf of the Band and/or its members are kept confidential.
- Maintain and improve Membertou’s Quality Management System as it relates to job related duties and/or department.
- Other department related duties as required by the Director.
- Current licensing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Standard First Aid & Basic Life Support;
- Foot Care Training will be an asset;
- Recent criminal record check and vulnerable persons check;
- Experience working with the elderly population and home care;
- Knowledge and experience of Mi’kmaq culture and language would be asset;
- Valid Drivers’ License and access to a vehicle;
- Preference given to Aboriginal peoples in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Resumes and Cover Letters can be submitted to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Troy Paul
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S2M9
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.