Day Camp Supervisors (1 Male, 1 Female)
Rate of Pay: $12.35 per hour
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Communication skills-oral and written
- Experience with supervising and coordinating
- Experience working with a budget
- Experience working with children and youth
- Must be a post-secondary student who is qualified for employment under the Membertou (STEP UP)program
- Plan and provide a schedule in advance to the Student Employment Coordinator
- Ensure permission slips are completed by parents for all field trips
- Identify a budget that will be required as related to the activities
- Do not exceed the allocated budget
- Have a back up plan for days that outdoor activities are cancelled
- Ensure that student workers understand what they are required to do
- Attend the student orientation and any other training/workshops that the students that are required to attend
- Supervise the assigned students to ensure they are performing their duties
- Create a schedule for the students in order to ensure there are enough students to meet the supervision ratio
- Keep track of students daily hours
- Keep daily attendance of day camp participants.
- Ensure that students and day camp participants are working in a safe environment
- Ensure all equipment is returned and kept in a secure place
- Provide a report of hours to the Student Coordinator
- Follow Membertou policies such as Finance and Human Resources
- Report to the STEP UP Employment Coordinator if any issues arise
- Provide reports to the STEP UP committee as needed
- Any other duties that may be required of the student supervisor by the STEP UP committee or STEP UP Employment Coordinator
To apply, please submit a resume to:
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S 2M9
DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Notice to all Potential Summer Students
The Student Term Employment Program Utilizing Partnerships (STEP UP) program will now be accepting applications. There will be a list of specific job positions available that students will have the opportunity to apply for and possibly take part in an interview.
Students who take initiative and find their own placement in a Non-Membertou Entity will receive the maximum extra weeks of employment in their grade category.
If a student is able to find their own placement within a Membertou-owned business or department, they will receive 6 weeks of employment. Students who do not take initiative, will receive only 4 weeks of employment. See chart below for more details:
- June 19 to August 25 (10 weeks) @ $11.35 per hour
- July 3 to August 11 (6 weeks) @$11.35 per hour
- June 26 to July 21 (4 weeks) @ $11.35 per hour
Grades 11 & 12:
- July 3 to August 25 (8 weeks) @ $10.85 per hour
- July 3 to August 11(6 weeks) @ $10.85 per hour
- July 3 to July 28(4 weeks) @ $10.85 per hour
- July 3 to August 25 (8 weeks) @$10.35 per hour
- July 3 to August 11 (6 weeks) @ $10.35 per hour
- July 3 to July 28 (4 weeks) @ $10.35 per hour
Membertou band members who during the 2016-2017 school year were Full-time Post-Secondary (university and college) students and Grade 10 -12 High School students who reside in Nova Scotia can apply for summer employment. All students must have a Social Insurance Number and a bank account for payroll purposes.
Post-Secondary students are reminded they must submit their marks and high school students must pass 6 out of their 8 courses before being considered for employment.
To Apply (starting May 1st), contact Breezy Christmas who is located in the Education Building 902-564-6466 ext. 2460.
DEADLINES: Wednesday, May 31, for Post-Secondary students; Friday, June 2, for High School students
Destination Membertou Summer Cruiser Placement Program 2017
Position: Promotional Team (Summer Student)
The position(s) with the marketing department is versatile. The main components are taking a lead role with the Destination Membertou Summer Cruiser and hosting events within the community of Membertou. The summer cruiser raises the profile of Membertou within Cape Breton and educates locals and tourists of what the community offers. Duties will include planning, attending and participating in events throughout Cape Breton to promote Membertou. Flexibility and availability to work days and weekends may be necessary. Other duties will include social media updates as well as various projects including printing, special event planning, writing and media monitoring. Pleas
- Promoting Membertou in a positive and respectful manner
- Planning and instructing cultural workshops
- Social Media: Responsible for weekly social media updates
- Special Events : Provide support when needed
- Media Monitoring: Identify, monitor and gather information
- Research: General information requests
- Flexibility and availability to work weekends when necessary
- Any other related duties
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
- Enthusiastic and outgoing individual
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Word
- Familiar with social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Must qualify for summer employment under the Membertou STEP UP program
Submit resume to: email@example.com
Deadlines: Post-secondary applicants May 31st/ High school applicants June 2nd. Students can begin applying for summer employment on May 9th.
Position: Part-Time Hourly
Department: Membertou Trade & Convention Centre (MTCC)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare food for guest consumption at Kiju’s Restaurant and/or MTCC Catering.
- Ensure that food is prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all food is fresh and well presented.
- Assist with controlling food costs by ensuring that food waste is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that food goes out to customers according to specification, every time.
- Ensure that work areas, kitchen equipment, and refrigerators are kept clean and sanitized.
- Responsible for proper food handling and storage.
- Responsible for creating a positive guest experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of previous cooking experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Post-Secondary culinary training would be an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a keen eye for detail are essential.
To apply, submit your cover letter and résumé to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Richard Stevens
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S2M9
Or via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 9, 2017
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.