The Student Term Employment Program Utilizing Partnerships (STEP UP) program will now be accepting applications. There will be a list of specific job positions available that students will have the opportunity to apply for and possibly take part in an interview.
Students who take initiative and find their own placement in a Non-Membertou Entity will receive the maximum extra weeks of employment in their grade category.
If a student is able to find their own placement within a Membertou-owned business or department, they will receive 6 weeks of employment. Students who do not take initiative, will receive only 4 weeks of employment. See chart below for more details:
- June 19 to August 25 (10 weeks) @ $11.35 per hour
- July 3 to August 11 (6 weeks) @$11.35 per hour
- June 26 to July 21 (4 weeks) @ $11.35 per hour
Grades 11 & 12:
- July 3 to August 25 (8 weeks) @ $10.85 per hour
- July 3 to August 11(6 weeks) @ $10.85 per hour
- July 3 to July 28(4 weeks) @ $10.85 per hour
- July 3 to August 25 (8 weeks) @$10.35 per hour
- July 3 to August 11 (6 weeks) @ $10.35 per hour
- July 3 to July 28 (4 weeks) @ $10.35 per hour
Membertou band members who during the 2016-2017 school year were Full-time Post-Secondary (university and college) students and Grade 10 -12 High School students who reside in Nova Scotia can apply for summer employment. All students must have a Social Insurance Number and a bank account for payroll purposes.
Post-Secondary students are reminded they must submit their marks and high school students must pass 6 out of their 8 courses before being considered for employment.
To Apply (starting May 1st), contact Breezy Christmas who is located in the Education Building 902-564-6466 ext. 2460.
DEADLINES: Wednesday, May 31st for Post-Secondary students; Friday, June 2nd for High School students